Thanks Joel for some great race pictures!
Nor Am #3 went decent and I was relatively happy with my 3rd place finish in the sprint and my move into 2nd in the pursuit for an overall 2nd place finish in the weekend. It was a cold weekend and my hands are still healing from some bad frostbite. I was also very tired going into this weekend as we just came off a large training week in effort to get our last bit of volume in before we taper off for World Unis.
Settling in for some solid standing shooting in the sprint
Battling with Cindy Clark, Congrats on the win!
I've been talking a lot with my coaches and training partners about what goes through my head when I race. After missing some crucial shots so close to my biggest event I have been reflecting on what went through my head during my races. So here are my most productive, distracting and illogical thoughts, also known as:
1. Holy man I'm cold, I'm 4km in how can I still be freezing?!
2. If they are going to beat you, make them earn it, don't give it to them
3. You've done this 1000 times, your just doing another interval with Alex, just push that hill like you do every time with Alex
4. @#$%@@$$* (in regards to messing up my standing in the pursuit)
5. Awww Joel don't take that picture of me I've got more drool and snot then any person ever should
6. Be the change you want to see
7. Why are you letting them set the pace?! It's the first lap, lets run our own race.
8. Okay second prone, the other girls are going to get a correction and shoot well so just do what you did the lap before and everything will be alright.
9. YES!!!!! (10/10 prone)
10. They're coming for you, get moving they're coming for you
11. Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow
12. Man I hate when I ski over fallen off leg numbers, wait those were my numbers... when did I loose those?
13. Don't think about missing, don't think about missing.... damn
14. Okay so you can hear skis behind you, but if I look back and its Kat or Karen I'm not sure I can handle that, but what if its not them will I be able to keep the motivation for this pace.... but what if it is and I need to dig deeper ... don't look back just don't let the skis pass you!
15. Just breath.
Its been a cold cold week in Camrose hanging out around the -30 mark. I've been testing out a newly recovered knee with some running work outs. Thankfully things have been holding strong and I am feeling better than ever heading into Turkey. It's only six days away.... wow.